Measure Your Success

KPI Dashboard

Payment System for Merchant

Sign up for PayPal and start accepting credit card payments instantly.

March 28, 2010

When my wife also have same faith

I once worked for a bank owned by the Indonesian government. I worked at the bank since 1976. In 1990, after I worked for 15 years, I was offered by the Human Resources Division Head to be appointed as branch manager at one branch in Sumatra. I declined the offer and asked if I could be placed in one of the overseas branches. At that time the bank has overseas branches in New York, London, Paris, Hong Kong and Singapore. The HR Manager had said that to assign someone in a foreign branch is not under his authority but the Board of Directors.

Since then I always tell my dreams to anyone, to co-workers in the same department and to colleagues in other departments. I also told my wife. Strange enough, my wife was not interested in my ideas, even said that if I were to be transferred to overseas branch, she would not come along, and will return to his hometown, which is Medan.

In early January 1993, while celebrating the new year, my wife and I visited one of the director at his home and expressed my desire to be assigned to one of the overseas branches. My request was rejected by the director. He said that, I do not qualify for the position. That I had never been a branch manager in one of the local branches and my TOEFL score is still below 500. I have been working in the back office for quite long, which is 8 years in the audit department and 2 years in the information technology department. In the IT department I was responsible for running the quality assurance of all systems purchased or developed. It is also my responsibility to revise the policy and procedure manuals in the bank because of the arrival of information technology. An important job which not many people likes it.

The rejection did not make me disappointed. I even tried to improve my English skills and also my knowledge about international banking, especially those subjects which are related to the operation of foreign branches. And came to my surprise, my wife was also challenged to support my dream. Her faith grown when she also prayed for my dreams to be achieved.

Not too long since my wife also believe that my dream will come true, which is about in July 2003, I was determined to become deputy branch manager of New York branch. A few weeks before the decision, the Board of Directors received an examination report from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, which states that the New York branch being downgraded to unsatisfied since all the manual was never updated. The accounting reports that must be reported to the Fed still have a lot of errors, and the non performing loan was high. The Fed stated in the report that the license can be revoked if the deficiencies are not corrected immediately.

When the Board of Directors search the database to find a senior official who has experience in accounting, credit, audit and have the ability to write and rewrite policies and procedures manual, which will be assigned to a branch in New York, my name appeared at the top of the list. In the early years with the bank, before transferred to audit department, I had been assigned as a credit analyst in the credit department, and also had served as accounting manager at the branch of Jayapura in West Irian.

What I have described above would indicate that when only I have the dream and faith, my dream was not realized. But when my wife also dreamed and believed, in just 6 months that dream came true.

Not long ago in a bible study, long after I returned home after retiring from the bank, I discovered something interesting in the Bible – the new King James version. In Hebrew 11:11 written like this: "By faith Sarah Herself also received strength to conceive seed, and she bore a child when she was past the age, because she judged Him faithful who had promised."

We know that at first Sarah, wife of Abraham, did not believe that she would conceive and bear children. That's why she laughed when God delivered his promises to Abraham. It appears in Genesis 18:12: So Sarah laughed to herself as she thought, "After I am worn out and my master is old, will I now have this pleasure?" Sarah disbelief caused the promise to not be fulfilled by God. But once Sarah also believes, then the promise was fulfilled by the Lord. This paragraph made me realize how important a couple to share faith in God. The experience I have described above is a confirmation of the truth of God in Hebrew 11:11.

I learned that the law of attraction does not work for a couple if only one party alone who have the faith for it. A couple should have the same dreams and faith to be able to achieve it. In determining the important things in a family life, it must be mutually agreed, then there will be success and happiness in the family.

The Bible records how much God blesses those who agree, especially married couples. Jesus himself, in Matthew 18:19, says "Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven." And the Psalmist in Psalm 133 written as follows: 1 Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! 2 It is like the precious oil upon the head, Running down on the beard, the beard of Aaron, Running down on The Edge of his garments. 3 It is like the dew of Hermon, Descending upon the mountains of Zion; For there the LORD commanded the blessing-Life forevermore.

My testimony is going to take you to the promise of God to consider that so many in the Bible, such as among others:
- In Matthew 7: 7-11, Jesus said: "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. 9 Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent? 11 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him!" So, keep asking, seeking and knocking.
- In Mark 11: 24, Jesus said: "Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them."

Let us be like Sarah who judged Him faithful who had promised.
May God send his blessings to the house that all members basil and agree in many respects.

Robert Tampubolon

24 Keys That Bring Complete Success (Fortune Family & Faith)
Destined for Success CD: Dream Bigger

No comments:

Post a Comment